1. We advise retreat participants to avoid intoxicants, such as alcohol, for at least a few days before coming on a retreat. It is also advisable to slow down as much as possible just before a retreat, to prepare body and mind for the new spiritual energies you will be receiving. We request that participants refrain from alcoholic beverages during the retreats.
2. All sessions on our retreats are completely optional. If at any time you feel like you need a rest or a break, please take one.
3. Sometimes on retreats challenging feelings or other difficulties may arise. If at any time you feel that you would like to talk confidentially to one of the retreat facilitators, we will gladly arrange this for you.
4. When we meditate together as a group, we ask participants not to make any sudden loud noises, such as shouting or screaming, that may disturb others. However, releasing stored up feelings through crying during a group meditation is perfectly acceptable
5. Please bring a yoga mat and a meditation stool or cushion with you. If you wish to meditate sitting on a chair this can usually be arranged. You should also bring a shawl or light blanket and a notebook and pen.
6. The food served on our retreats is usually vegetarian, but on some retreats optional dishes including chicken and /or fish may be served. If you have any special dietary requirements please let us know when you book and we will do our best to accommodate them. On self-catering retreats you are of course free to choose your own food.
7. On some retreats we may ask everyone to observe a day of silence. An optional day of fasting may also be suggested on some retreats.
8. Photographs will be taken during retreats and may appear on the Light Foundation and Infinite Arts website, and social media. Jason’s teachings and meditations may be recorded in audio and video format. If you do not wish to appear on photographs and video recordings, please inform us in writing.
9. When you return home from a retreat you may feel surprisingly vulnerable, or tired for a few days. We therefore advise participants to take it very gently for a day or two, if at all possible, and certainly to avoid places where a lot of people are drinking alcohol, or where large, noisy crowds are gathered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR YOUR SAFETY. Jason Chan and his associate teachers are there to assist you. You should always advise us before coming on a retreat of any medical conditions, physical or psychological, which may affect you. If at any time on a retreat you experience sickness, illness or pain of any kind, you must take personal responsibility to seek the proper medical attention. LISTEN to your body. Dizziness, nausea, disturbed breathing; skin pallor and unsteadiness are all signs of over-exertion. Ease off the intensity of exercise or stop completely – pain does not necessarily mean gain! GO at your own pace. Learn to listen to your body. We all respond differently to exercise. If you find your mind racing, or find that you are totally unable to sleep on retreat, please let someone know, as these are signs that you may be too ungrounded.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS
£300 or €350 non-refundable deposit is required for all retreats.
Payments can be made as follows:
1) Cheque payable to Jason Chan in either British Pound Sterling or Euros
2) Bank Transfer
4 weeks or less full cost charged
4 – 6 weeks 50% of full cost charged
6 weeks or more full refund minus non-refundable deposit
Retreat participants are required to purchase their own travel insurance in case of an emergency during the retreat or cancellation of retreat booking.
You indemnify us from any legal liability, claims, and prosecution. We also reserve the right to ask any participant to not attend certain sessions on retreat, or to leave a retreat, if we deem it appropriate, without compensation.
IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS THAT YOU READ THESE NOTES AND ACT ACCORDINGLY. WHILE GREAT CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN TO ENSURE YOUR SAFE PARTICIPATION, YOU DO TAKE PART IN ALL RETREAT ACTIVITIES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE LIGHT FOUNDATION, JASON CHAN, APPOINTED TEACHERS AND ASSISTANTS WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS, INJURY OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. YOU ARE ACCEPTING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WELL-BEING.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION AND PARTICIPATION. THESE GUIDELINES WERE PREPARED IN LOVE AND LIGHT. WE LOOK FORWARD TO BEING WITH YOU ON RETREAT.
I have read the above guidelines and terms and conditions and agree to them.
Print Name _______________________________________________
Signed Date _______________________